Dte Of Hospital &Medical Education, Health& Family Welfare Department
Name of The Post:
It is difficult to trace back the history of the Health Department in Mizoram due to lack of documents. However, it is one of the oldest functioning departments in the State. From available records, an impoverished treatment camp was established at Aizawl in a tent for laborers (kulis) in 1894. This was later upgraded to a full-fledged dispensary in 1896. Subsequently, in the same year, Aizawl Hospital was made functional with 20 beds and Champhai Dispensary with 8 beds. This was followed by the establishment of 8 more 6-bedded dispensaries at Kolasib, Sairang, Lunglei, Champhai, N. Vanlaiphai, Sialsuk, Tlabung, Vahai and Tuipang in 1920. It is presumed from the records that Dr. E. Christian Harr, Surgeon Captain was the first Civil Surgeon of Lushai Hills. His hand written entry, dated 22nd November, 1896 can be seen in the “Inspection Book , Champhai Dispensary , From 1896 to 1973”, preserved by the Health Department. At the time of Independence in 1947, there was a 36-bedded hospital at Aizawl and dispensaries as mentioned above. There was acute shortage of doctors and pharmacists as Mizoram was just another district of Assam. Health Services organization then was headed by a Civil Surgeon based at Aizawl supported by a Sub-Divisional Medical Officer based at Lunglei. When the Mizoram District Council was formed in 1952, one more hospital, 7 Public Health Dispensaries, 3 Primary Health Centres and 7 Traveling Dispensaries were established. However, during the civil strife in the State, some Dispensaries/Traveling Dispensaries were not functional. A twelve-month Dai Training course was established at Aizawl Hospital from April 1950 till June 1959 during which 101 Dais were trained. Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) Training Course of 2 years duration was also initiated from 1957 with the objective of training personnel to work as nurses at the community level. A total of 203 ANMs completed the training during 1957-1981.The Multipurpose Workers (MPW) Scheme, initiated as a pilot scheme in selected districts in India, covered the entire Mizoram in 1977, being one of the very few States implementing MPW scheme Statewide. The ANM Training School was upgraded to the Multipurpose Health Worker School in the year 1980.
Number of the posts:
8th Class or above from recognized University. Working Knowledge of Mizo language at least middle School Standard.
For more information about Job please go through the official notification
Click Here for Official Notification
Click Here to Apply
Click Here for Official Website