South Eastern Railway
Name of The Post:
South Eastern Railway Kharagpur Division will engage 09 “Contract Medical” Practitioners (CMPs) in KGP Division on full time contract basis through online interview on the following terms & Conditions. The appointment will be on full time contract basis for an initial time period of one year or till replacement by UPSC selected doctors, whichever is earlier, However, if so desires by the administration, the number of annual terms for engagement of CMPs may be enhanced up to 12 Consecutive terms one year to year basis by giving at least one weak’ s break from the expiry of each term. and each term engagement shall not exceed more than one year subject to maximum 65 years of age Other than retired doctors.
Number of the posts: 09
Specialist : 05
GDMO : 04
Specialist : Rs.95,000/- per month
GDMO : Rs.75,000/- per month
As per Organization Rules.
Specialist : MBBS with Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in requisite field
GDMO : MBBS
Walk in interview.
About Organization :
South Eastern Railway had its humble origin in Chhatisgarh State Railway way back in 1882 comprising of a Metre Gauge (MG) railway line from Nagpur to Rajnandgaon(149 miles) with its HQ at Nagpur. The construction of the line was prompted by a desire of the then Govt. of Central province to provide quick transportation of food grain from the Chhatisgarh region to other parts as a step to prevent famine. The Bengal Nagpur Railway Company, popularly known as BNR after its formation in 1887 took over Chhatisgarh State Railway. It converted the MG line into Broad Gauge and extended it to Asansol in the erstwhile East Indian Railway (EIR). By 1891 BNR embraced within its fold the entire main line from Nagpur to Sini via Bilaspur and further to Asansol via Purulia as well as the extended Katni‐Umaria line up to Bilaspur. The Sini‐Calcutta line extended up to Cuttack was opened for traffic in 1899 and in 1901 BNR took over the line from Cuttack to Visakhapatnam under East Coast railway which was then a State railway. The headquarter of BNR was built at Garden Reach, Kolkata in 1908 and shifted from Nagpur. The growth story of BNR continued and the Raipur‐Vizianagaram link was completed in
1931. The BNR company was brought under the Govt. of India control in 1944. The Narrow gauge (NG) line from Naupada to Parlakhimndi of the Paralakhimndi State railways and the NG line from Rupsa to Baripada of the Mayurbhanj State railways that were a part of the company were merged with the Govt. owned BNR in 1950.
For more information about Job please go through the official notification
Click Here for Official Notification
Click Here to Apply
Click Here for Official Website