Duties & Responsibilities
My client in the financial industry is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist.
The role of the Cyber Security Consultant: Operations will form part of the team which focusses on Cyber Security Operations services to businesses on the Shared Network. This team is responsible for management of the PKI, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Management, Security Configuration Management, Firewall compliance, Web and Email content filtering environments. The team also manages the Data Leakage Prevention, Network Access Management and Privileged Account Management infrastructure and processes.
What will you be responsible for?
* On a day-to-day basis the Consultant will be involved with the configuration, monitoring and management of:
Data Leakage Prevention system, rules and reports
Privileged Account Management process
Network Access Control – process and exception handling
Vulnerability Scanning, reporting, proposing remediation actions and tracking compliance
Security hardening baseline compliance scanning, reporting and remediation
* On an ad hoc bases the consultant will support businesses in:
Issuing, renewing and revoking PKI digital certificates.
Assessing internet and email use on request of Forensics or HR departments.
The consultant will also be performing scheduled tasks like review Firewall rule configuration and report
* The consultant will be required to report on the status of the cyber security control environments on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* The consultant will continuously consider ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of monitoring and response controls.
* The consultant will contribute to Knowledge and Skills of the team, by sharing lesson learned and knowledge gained through research, conferences, training courses or through interaction with experts.
* Information Technology diploma or degree
* Information Security certification (preferable)
At least 3 – 5 years in hands on technical experience which includes:
Network experience (TCP/IP, Firewalls, IPS, NAC)
Operating System management and Hardening (Windows, Linux, CIS hardening baselines)
Anti-Virus System management and Configuration
Data Leakage Prevention tool configuration
Logical Access Management (AD, PAM)
Information Security Operations (Security+, CISSP will be beneficial)
Vulnerability Management (use of well-known vulnerability scanning tools and interpretation of CVSS scores)
Reporting and Administration
Security tools monitoring