Duties & Responsibilities
as a Incident Manager What will you be responsible for?
* Facilitate the recovery of all P1/P2 incidents with appropriate reporting and notifications to key stakeholders.
* Manage persistent incidents from trend analysis and/or management escalations.
* Proactively manage incidents to satisfactory resolution in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiate escalation procedure where necessary.
* Understand and appreciate the impact of incidents on the various clients’ business, and/or business SLA’s allowing for prioritization and direction.
* Manage post mortems for all major incidents to a satisfactory conclusion.
* Continuous improvement of the major incident management process.
* Keep service desk informed of progress on major incidents and potential workarounds.
* Weekly report back meetings with client.
* Chair daily major incidents meeting attended by third party vendor as well as internal service support teams.
* Daily, weekly and monthly reporting if required.
* Schedule, facilitate and chair adhoc task team meetings to ensure that major/re-occurring incidents are restored as soon as possible and that the root cause is identified and resolved.
* Provide input for monthly MIS reporting.
* Member of change approval board and approval of emergency changes.
* Quarterly operation incident reporting as input to the risk report.
* Review the continuous improvement of the SGT incident management process.
* Trending of re-occurring incidents and assist with the implementing of additional controls and/or process improvements.
* Assist the service desk team leader with P3 escalations when required.
* Assist with the implementation of quality improvement initiatives at the service desk.
What will set you up for success?
* Profitable Underwriting
* Client service (Complaints/queries/investigations/advice)
* Coaching, training and quality management
* Reporting and adhoc meetings
* Incident and Problem Tracking
* IT related Degree or Diploma and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant IT experience
* ITIL Foundation and/or Incident Management Practitioners Certifications (Recommended)
* 3 Years IT Experience
* Some experience in Incident Management role will be advantageous
* A proven track record of experience in the ITIL disciplines
* Experience in working with multiple Service Providers and Technologies
* Excellent understanding of ITIL and ITIL Governance